Data Privacy Engineer
Location: Plymouth, MI
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 5+ Years
Logic Solutions is a full-service development firm headquartered in Plymouth, MI with 4 additional offices around the world. Founded in 1995, Logic offers website design and programming, eCommerce solutions, customized web and mobile applications, and application integration services that span the software development lifecycle.
As Data Privacy Engineer, you will help create innovative services that provide value to our customers and partners. We are looking for highly motivated technology professional who would serve as core member of Data Governance Operations (DGOps) team in a product driven organization.
As part of the AV mobility organization, you will work closely with other product managers, product development teams and global business units. You will leverage your ability to understand our customers, products, services, touchpoints, user / customer experience, as well as data generated, and map that knowledge to provide recommendations on governing data throughout its information lifecycle stages such as data collection, data sharing, data processing and data retention.
This is a highly cross-functional role where you will work across many domains.
- Acts as key privacy engineer SME to data science and analytics communities in the organization.
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented. The implementations should advance compliance with legal methods of data use as well as support business use of data.
- Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from early stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Provide guidance and answer questions from AV TaaS “partner team” product owners, product managers, anchors and engineers on privacy features, controls etc.
- Collaborate with data services development teams creating new uses of data that employ privacy features.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as data platform & services development teams, legal, compliance and data protection (data and cyber security) teams.
- Analyze, design and program software enhancements for new, existing data pipelines with a goal of developing technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the data privacy, data protection, data usability, performance and the integrity of the privacy solution.
- Review current programming language and technologies, test results of applications from privacy safeguards perspective.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications to new or existing software.
- Interact and work closely with other product anchors to devise big data solutions that enable business to be data driven while protecting data assets.
- Engage stakeholders and “partner team” product owners to gain consensus on shared vision.
- Interface with data services, business intelligence team to ensure user-facing privacy controls are usable.
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
- Performs regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
- Communicates progress, escalations, and issue analysis to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or related field of study.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a B2B or B2C industry building data platform products, data management products, policy / compliance-based products, legal technology products, security products.
- Passion for learning and willingness to work in a pair programming environment.
- Experience in cloud platform (Google cloud), Data management, BI and Analytics is an added advantage.
- Experience or understanding of software applications design tools and languages.
- Understanding of design for software applications running on multiple platforms.
- Understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Ability to quick understand the needs, prioritize and collaboratively deliver value by partnering with data platform & services team.
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or related field of study.
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) Certification
- 2+ years hands on experience working in enterprise data privacy team, developing data governance related products and strategies.
- 3+ years’ experience in building APIs, familiarity with CI / CD process and Microservices architecture.
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design Principles.
- Familiar with eXtreme Programming (XP) practices including Pair/Mob programming and Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with developing and deploying to cloud platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Spring/SpringBoot and RESTFUL Web services development.
- Familiarity with GitHub or equivalent source control repositories.
- Highly effective in working with other technical specialists, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and business partners.
- Capable in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Understanding of fundamental data modeling.
- Deep technical understanding of Data Lake, Data warehousing, AI & Analytics architectures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when solving unexpected problems.
- Experience with CA Agile Central (Rally), backlogs, iterations, user stories, or similar Agile Tools.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. This is a salaried position with compensation based on experience and skill level. Benefits include medical, insurance, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, holidays, and sick days) and a professional work environment. Logic offers equal opportunities to all. Reference checks may be conducted.