IT Server Manager
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 5 Years
Logic Solutions is a full-service development firm headquartered in Plymouth, MI with 4 additional offices around the world. Founded in 1995, Logic offers website design and programming, eCommerce solutions, customized web and mobile applications, and application integration services that span the software development lifecycle.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage Active Directory and Domain
- Manage internal and external networks and equipment including DNS servers, Firewalls, Routers.
- Manage Database & server backups (Windows 10, Windows Server 2008-2019).
- Manage Monitoring Software to identify failures and issues.
- Setup / Configuration / Testing / Troubleshooting of handheld devices/scanners and remotely support customers with devices in the field.
- Setup / Configure / Maintain / Manage Development and Production Servers.
- Manage IT inventory including handheld devices, printers, customer owned product, and stock items such as scanners, labels, and accessories.
- Create Quotes and Order scanners/accessories for customers and follow up with vendors.
- Communicate with Project Managers when back orders occur or the need to seek alternative options/vendors to procure equipment/scanners needed.
- Manage and Track Customer repairs with repair vendors.
- Test and Configure scanners received back from repair vendors.
- Create/Track all shipments to Customers for equipment, accessories, and repairs.
- Setup and Support IIS Test / QA / Production Web Sites.
- Support local laptops / computers.
- Look for continuous improvement in hardware setup and support operations.
- Creative problem solver with ability to solve complex issues, applying appropriate technology and resources.
- Investigate new technologies and communicate any advantages.
- Seeks help from suppliers, the internet, other personnel when applicable.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Strong team skills and ability to communicate with internal team and customers.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong understanding of security protocols / methods to ensure safe IT environment.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2008-2019).
- Experience with handheld operating system including Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Android.
- Understanding of networks / servers including firewalls, routers, switches, clusters, high availability equipment.
- Experience managing servers and networks.
- Microsoft SQL management knowledge.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. This is a salaried position with compensation based on experience and skill level. Benefits include medical, insurance, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, holidays, and sick days) and a professional work environment. Logic offers equal opportunities to all. We would like to thank all applicants for expressing interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Reference checks may be conducted with your permission.