Min. Experience: 3-5+ Years
We are seeking a talented UI/UX Designer to design the interface for our product portfolio. This is a redesign of the portfolio and will integrate the latest social and Web functionality.
User-experience designers are responsible for creating the look and feel of a specific computer interface. This allows them to navigate the functionality of that interface and produce a certain type of human-computer interaction.
Ability to translate the requirements for our product’s optimal functionality into interactive solutions. This entails the incorporation of market research and psychology, design of the human-computer interface for optimal effectiveness, inclusion of easily navigable content, and graphic design and finishing for maximum aesthetic appeal.
- The primary skill requirement is a familiarity and expertise with systems and coding languages. Depending on the specifics, these can include Java, Perl, HTML, CSS and XML/XSL. Knowledge of programs like Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and others is also extremely important.
- Creativity, problem-solving, passion and attention to detail are important aspects of this assignment.
- You should have an excellent eye for design. You should know great web UI when you see it, and be able to explain why it’s great (even if you didn’t create it!).
- You’ll need to be a Photoshop ninja. You should also be fluent in Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or whatever you use to create wireframes.
- We are looking for self-starters – candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction, and learn by asking the right questions.
- Finally, you should have a solid portfolio of web application design. We want to see that you’ve built great web interfaces before, not just great websites.
This is a mid to senior position; we’re looking for somebody who has at least 3 – 5+ years of UI/UX design experience