YONGDA CAR RENTAL
MOBILE APP | WEB APP | WECHAT INTEGRATION
Founded in 1992, Yongda Group is a large Chinese group enterprise that handles automobile sales services, finance, and rentals. The company specializes in international, luxury vehicles, such as Bentley, AstonMartin, Porsche, Benz, Jajuar Land Rover, BMW, Audi, Lincoln, Infiniti, and Cadillac. Yongda’s sales services spans across 4 municipalities (Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, Chongqing) and 64 cities in 16 different provinces.
Yongda Car Rental Group’s division of Yongda Group was founded in 2000 and devotes itself to providing comprehensive automobile rental services for enterprises, institutions, social groups, and individuals. When it comes to car rentals, Yongda has a variety of services available to its customers, including:
- long-term designated driving or self-driving rentals
- high-end business or meeting rentals
- personal short-term rentals
- new energy automobile rental
- time-shared, ride-sharing rental
Yongda has earned a number of awards, including “Top 500 Chinese Enterprises” and “Top 10 Chinese Automobile Sales Service Enterprise Group”.
With the rise in popularity of rental and ride-sharing services like Uber, Yongda sought to focus on the needs of the business and professional industry. Yongda wanted to develop their own online-to-offline car rental and booking platform for web and mobile that enabled working professionals to view and reserve nearby available vehicles. The car rental and management had to allow end users to make online reservations via web or mobile and allow Yongda administrators to track and report customer activity in order to make better data-driven business decisions.
Backend API: Spring Framework, Spring Boot, MyBatis, Nginx, JBoss/Tomcat, MySQL5
Backend Admin: Java, Metronic HTML template
Mobile: Object C, Java
Other Features: GPS location & tracking
Logic’s car rental and management solution consisted of 3 parts: a mobile app, a WeChat official account, and a web-based application. On each of these platforms, users can select from one of three offered services:
- Reserve a ride: customers can request a ride from a nearby available car and the designated driver can drop the rider off at their destination
- Rent a car: customers can rent a car for a selected period of time and drive the vehicle themselves
- Join the car rental program: customers can submit their own vehicles to the peer-to-peer car rental program, wherein other customers can choose to request a ride or rent the car
In addition to managing customer, driver, car, car owner, and company information, the app also includes:
- tracking and reporting of customer activity
- search functionality
- dynamic and static pricing
- task alerts
- SMS notifications
- data reporting
The end solution was complex; not only did it have to be a highly stable system, but it also had to be flexible enough to dynamically react to end users’ business and professional needs. Logic successfully met these requirements and helped Yongda produce a high-competitive car rental system used by thousands of users in busy Shanghai.